Saturday, May 21, 2016

Filled Under:

Zoo's Current Feeding-bottle Federalism Very Unfair To Niger-Deltans by Adeyinka Grandson

I am Yoruba, from Oka-Akoko and I presently live in England. If the government and the people of England no longer like my presence, they can order the Secretary of State for Home Department to deport me. If I were to be deported, I will go to Oka-Akoko, meet with my uncle, the Olubaka Of Oka and demand of him some parcels of land to build a bungalow and start a farming business. Three or five years down the line, I would have attained self-sufficienc
y.
But my friend, a prince from Gbaramotu Kingdom in the Niger Delta, if he's to have been deported from England, he cannot go to Gbaramotu Kingdom, and demand for land from his family either to build or for farming. The Federal Government of Nigeria, several kilometres in Abuja, controls every land in his kingdom because they have oil.
In Oka-Akoko, we also have Palm Oil tree, free gift of nature like oil, but we control our resources and not the Federal Government.
Change is not replacing PDP with APC. Change is replacing Unitary System with True and Fiscal Federalism.

0 comments: